Everyone knows you can use sweet fruits like Bananas to make a delicious baked treat – but why not sneak in some more vegetables into your diet? Zucchini bread is nothing new, but I wanted to use a healthy Zucchini bread recipe from my favorite food blog, Skinnytaste, and give it a twist to make it savory!
This was great to keep around for snacking, or as a side to a meal. I recommend slicing off a piece and toasting it with butter over a cast iron pan… YUM!
Check out my video on YouTube making it at home.
Savory Zucchini Bread Recipe:
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup apple sauce
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini, not packed
- Diced Green Onion (Garnish)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Add chopped walnuts and gently mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl, mix egg, vanilla, melted butter, apple sauce, cheddar cheese and zucchini.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared 9×5-inch loaf pan. Bake 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for about 10 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and top with Diced Green Onion.
- Let it cool before slicing.
Recipe Modified from Skinnytaste