It’s official, I’ve reached a new level of quarantine craftiness… I’ve made my own candle! It was super easy to do, and pretty fun! After binge-watching Facebook videos (yes, I totally to that), I stumbled across a candle D.I.Y. video and was like “I can do that!” Who doesn’t love a good candle, am I right? Plus I already have a lot of essential oils, so I figured it’s the perfect time to give it a go!
You’ll need to either purchase a D.I.Y. Candle Kit, or if you’re like me and have some supplies already, then here’s a list of the essentials you’ll need to make your own candles:
- Candle Wax (General Purpose, Soy, Paraffin, etc)
- Thermometer (I suggest one for Candy making)
- Candle Melting/Pouring Pot (Trust me, you’ll want something dedicated for this)
- Tabbed Candle Wicks (Pre-waxed will be easier)
- Coloring Agent (I used Colored Granulated Wax, you can also use Candle Dyes)
- Essential Oils
- Mold, Container or Jar (There are lots online, or use Mason Jars)
Once you have everything, it’s super easy to make! You melt your wax down, add in your colors and scents, then set it in your mold or jars to harden. It will take some trial/error to figure out the right amount of scent to make it rival a $70 candle, but I’m excited to keep trying… next I’m going to try different shapes, colors, etc. What do you think I should make?
Watch my tutorial video on YouTube!