I’ve always felt connected with Oprah, both of us have a vast love of bread in our lives! Well now, I’ve officially started baking my own… and guess what? It was super easy!
I made this delicious No Knead Artisan Bread recipe, and it was so easy to do, it’s approved for every amateur (probably kids too)! The thing about making bread is, you have to have patience, since it involves a lot of resting and rising time. However, you do get the benefit of having your home filled with the sweet, sweet smell of successfully delicious bread!
Watch my video on YouTube to see just how easy it was.
No Knead Artisan Bread Recipe:
- 3 cup – warm water
- 2 packets of yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 6 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- additional flour for dusting
- Combine the water, yeast, and salt in a 5 quart bowl. Stir to mix. Add all of the flour at once and mix with a spoon until the dough is wet and sticky with no dry patches. Cover with plastic wrap, but do not seal airtight. Let it rise for about 2 hours at room temperature.
- To make a loaf, sprinkle some flour onto the surface of the dough. Scoop up a handful of dough about the size of a grapefruit. Rub the dough with a layer of flour while gently stretching the top around to tuck the sides into the bottom to form a round, smooth loaf. Put the loaf on a cutting board dusted with cornmeal to prevent sticking. Let it rise, uncovered, for between 30-90 minutes.
- Dust the loaf liberally with flour. Slash the top with a cross or three lines with a sharp knife and slide it the oven, preheated to 450°F. Carefully pour about 1 cup of hot water into the broiler tray or metal pan at bottom of the oven and close the oven door to trap the steam. Bake for about 30 minutes, until the crust is browned and the loaf feels light and hollow.
- Live your best bread life!
Recipe by CraftyCookingMama.