It’s Memorial Day Weekend, which means it’s time to be Patriotic people! What’s a better way to do that then by making a delicious & colorful “salad” to enjoy outside? Okay, I’ll be honest, calling it a salad is a total stretch. But the way I see it, if you think of the pretzels as the croutons, the cream cheese & cool whip filling as the dressing and then the strawberries in jello as the fruit… together it totally makes a fruit salad! This way you can tell yourself, you’re just enjoying some salad… NBD!
I made this delicious and incredibly easy treat because I saw Chrissy Teigen tweeting about how she got tired of baking and wanted to move on to jello molds. Once I saw one of her replies from a fan saying she made a Strawberry Pretzel Salad I was hooked and destined to make it for myself!
Watch the video on my YouTube below. I was in a pretty “goofy” mood this day, so I think you’ll especially enjoy this one.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup melted butter (1.5 sticks)
- 1 cup & 3 tablespoons white sugar, divided
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) container of whipped topping, thawed
- 2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry flavored Jell-O®
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Stir together crushed pretzels, melted butter and 3 tablespoons sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, until set. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together cream cheese and 1 cup sugar. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until set. Enjoy!
Recipe by AllRecipes