I’m am ALL about breakfast, to me it most def is the most important meal of the day and I rarely (if ever) will skip it. However, I also don’t always have a lot of time (yes, even during Quarantine), so I’m always looking for something quick and easy while also being delicious and satisfying. This used to mean stopping by a coffee shop on the way to work, but not anymore!
I know what you’re thinking… the idea of microwaving eggs does NOT sound appealing, but technically that’s what they’re doing at the coffee shop. With this recipe, I can make a double batch that yields 14 egg bites, giving my husband and I two a day for an entire week. This means if you make these on a Sunday then you’ll get more of your morning time back during the week. How does that sound? Plus they’re DELICIOUS!
My personal favorite and go-to is broccoli cheddar, but the possibilities are endless! You will need to purchase the silicone molds in order to make this work, but I promise you, you’ll find yourself making egg bites so regularly it will be worth it! Plus, I’ve seen people online using them to make muffins, brownie bites and so much more.
Here’s the equipment you’ll need to make these egg bites:
- Instant Pot
- Silicone Egg Bites Mold for Instant Pot
- Pressure Cooker Bakeware Sling (not required, but makes life easier)
- Instant Pot Steam Release Accessory (to save your cabinets)
- Powerful Blender or Food Processor (I love my Ninja Blender)
The molds double as storage containers so they’re perfect! When you’re ready to eat, just pop a couple out on a plate, microwave for around 1-minute and then enjoy! Check out the video on YouTube to see how easy they are to make (don’t mind my disastrous mess).
Broccoli Cheddar Instant Pot
Egg Bites Recipe
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Cottage Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Broccoli
- Add eggs, broccoli, cheddar cheese, and cottage cheese to blender (or food processor) and process until smooth
- Season as desired (salt, pepper, etc.) and pulse to make sure it’s well mixed
- Divide egg mixture evenly between the compartments of the silicone mold (single batch = 1 mold or 7 bites / double batch = 2 molds or 14 bites)
- Add 1 Cup of water to the Instant Pot before lowering the filled silicone molds into the Instant Pot
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the vent to seal. Select “Steam” button and set timer to 10 minutes.
- After cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for around 10 minutes
- Remove the molds form the Instant Pot and allow bites to cool before serving, or covering with lid and refrigerating for 5-7 days
Recipe by PlatingsAndPairings.com